2013-11-03

Pd Tips: line~ in Milliseconds, not Samples!

Playing sound file in Pd, you may need [line~] object.

 

Sadly, it's always annoying me, that it needs different measurement units. (samp, msec) 

 

The two things that [line~] needs, are the playing range in Samples, and the duration in Milliseconds.

 

The Form is like that:

start-point in Samples, end-point in Samples, duration in Milliseconds

 

For example, start-point is 0 sample, end-point is 44100 sample, duration is 1 sec.

[0, 44100 1000(

 

It's difficult thing for me, when I play soundfile, always I have to calculate twice in Samples and Milliseconds.

 

So, I make it simple. 

 

All parameter in Milliseconds.(msec)

 

Screen Shot 2013 11 03 at 8 33 08 AM

 

[*~ X] is the key. X is the SR(samplerate) of sound file. 44.1kHz, 48kHz or 22.05kHz, what you want.

 

EOF

No comments:

Post a Comment